MY CHOSEN GENRE

For my marketing campaign I have decided to promote my film for the thriller genre, one of the reasons I have chosen to do this genre is due to the broad and numerous feelings and emotions I can promote to the audience through my marketing campaign, these including heightened feelings of suspense, excitement, surprise anticipation and anxiety.
Having done a lot of research on this genre these are some of they key things I have found :


  • The thriller genre has a typical plot that is used in many consisting thriller movies. More commonly than not, the protagonist in these films is set to face a problem, possibly to escape a problem, a mission or a mystery.
  • Some good examples of Thriller movies consist of : 
          - INCEPTION                                                                        
          - SHUTTER ISLAND
          - IDENTITY
          - L.A. CONFIDENTIAL
          - TAKEN
          - VERTIGO

  • The kinds of characters one would find in a Thriller genre consist of :
           - convicts
           - criminals
           - stalkers
           - assassins
           - innocent victims
           - police
           - terrorists


This is just some initial research into the genre, I will be widening my research on the thriller genre.
In my next few posts I'll be looking into detail at trailers, posters and website for thriller genres to find out the conventions used, in addition to my previous research.
One of the websites I've looked at is http://www.filmsite.org/thrillerfilms.html


Comments

Popular Posts